Narconomics: How to Run a Drug Cartel


by Tom Wainwright (2017)

This is proving tricky to review!  I loved the writing style and the presentation of the numerous arguments, and indeed I was completely convinced, in the end, that specific forms of legalisation of drugs would be the best way to go, but I kept being struck by a terrible ennui.  The thing is, I just am not terribly interested in either illicit drugs or economics.

This is wrong of me. I should be more concerned, not least as what we do with drugs in this country has implications for people all over the world.

If you do happen to be interested in these subjects, and want a very slick exposition as to why the war of drugs is bound to fail, and what we should do instead, this is very much the book for you.

Rating 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Only Skill that Matters

The War for Kindness: Building Empathy in a Fractured World

The Marshmallow Test: Understanding self-control and how to master it