To Sell is Human



by Daniel Pink (2018)
For someone utterly terrified by the concept of selling, I was, by the end of the book, brought into the idea that, one way or another, we are all selling pretty much all the time, so I had better bite the bullet and get better at it.  

Given that my previous knowledge is next to zero, I was completely sold on 100% of the suggestions which came neatly chunked and presented with persuasive anecdotes in a way that clearly suggests that Pink has imbibed his own messages. 

Reviews elsewhere suggest that the research (which is amply referenced) may either be stretched for the purposes of the argument or may not be rigorous in the first place, but frankly I didn't care.  Any suggestions are welcome and all seem broadly sensible. 

The sheer volume of ideas, even though they are clearly sorted in a well constructed system, does mean that unless one has a pretty good memory, one will have to revisit the book to mug up on the finer details of selling, but broad ideas such as Attunement, Buoyancy and Clarity (his new ABC of selling) do stick very easily.   Can I do this?  Well, yes.  It is sufficiently useful to mean that I most probably will!

Rating: 9/10






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Only Skill that Matters

The War for Kindness: Building Empathy in a Fractured World

The Marshmallow Test: Understanding self-control and how to master it