The Fast Diet: Lose weight, Stay healthy, Live longer
By Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer (2014)
So far, the process described in this book looks to be pretty life changing as far as I am concerned! I have found it extremely easy to enact the principles described and have lost 10lbs in three weeks. Not that I was overweight to start with you understand. My BMI was 20.4 at the start. Haven't worked it out now, but it is anyway nice to feel a lot lighter and to think that my insulin sensitivity is probably improving, along with all the other health benefits that this process is meant to produce.
The whole experience has been made very easy by using Huel on fasting days. I just don't have to think about food at all and I very rarely have felt hungry! What's more, I can't eat nearly as much on the non-fast days either. I just feel as if I have over-eaten very quickly. It is a strange thing. Food also does taste so delicious now. My previous boredom with food has vanished at the same time as rarely craving it. All in all it seems to suit me.
My only quibble: I wish there was more science to back it all up. There has been some, but you would like a Cochrane report level of information for such a radical overhaul of life. In the meantime though, I would still give this a 10.
Rating: 10/10.

Comments
Post a Comment